Nursing Home Compare features a star rating system that gives each facility a rating between 1 and 5 stars. The nursing home star ratings come from:
- Health inspections
- Quality of resident care measures
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) calculates a star rating for each of these 3 sources, along with an overall rating.
Why is this information important?
Nursing homes vary in the quality of care and services they provide to their residents. Health inspection results, staffing data, and quality of resident care information are 3 important ways to measure the quality of a nursing homes. This information, combined in the star rating, gives you a “snapshot” of the quality of each nursing home.
Using the star rating with other information
The star rating system can give you important information and help you compare nursing homes by topics you consider most important, but isn’t a substitute for visiting the nursing home. Use the star ratings together with other sources of information, and review the Guide to Choosing a Nursing Home and the Nursing Home Checklist to help you think of questions to ask when you visit the nursing home and determine whether a nursing home fits you or your family members’ needs.
At Meadow Wind Health Care Center, we believe in providing the highest quality nursing home care, in a safe and comfortable environment.
Our 100 bed nursing home facility enjoys one of the most beautiful sites in the area, located on 12 acres of wooded hills, within minutes of Massillon or Canton and conveniently nestled behind Fisher Foods off of Lincolnway. We provide a cozy, homelike environment while residents work towards their individual health goals.
Each individual’s nursing care is planned and supervised by the Certified Medical Director and the professional interdisciplinary team. A detailed plan of care is developed for each resident, which addresses nursing needs, physical therapy, nutritional requirements, social adjustment, and therapeutic activities. Rehabilitative nursing is stressed with progressive goals for each resident, and our staff strives to elevate each resident to their optimal level of independence.
For Admission information, visit our Admissions page.
Meadow Wind Healthcare Center offers a full range of services.
- Short-term rehabilitation, long-term care, and respite stays.
- Certified medical director, and qualified licensed physicians, nurse practitioners.
- RNs and LPNs on duty 24 hours daily to provide skilled and intermediate patient care.
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy as needed.
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Multiple trauma rehabilitation
- Multiple fracture rehabilitation
- Amputee management
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Dementia, Alzheimer’s and neurologic disorders.
- Post-surgical orthopedic care
- Joint repair placement rehabilitation
- Enteral nutrition
- Parenteral nutrition
- Intravenous therapy
- Wound care
- Tracheotomy care
- Dialysis and peritoneal dialysis
- Pain management
- Diabetes management
- Hospice and palliative care
- Dental, audiologist, psychiatry, optometry and podiatric services